AABLI is ready to help you strengthen and diversify your board by referring professionals who have successfully completed our rigorous Board Leadership Certificate Program. By placing minorities on corporate boards, AABLI diversifies the governing boards of institutions and helps them better align themselves with their communities. This not only expands networks of dedicated talent, but also improves organizations’ strategic thinking and decision-making.
Benefits of Joining the Partner Organization Network
AABLI is ready to help you strengthen and diversify your board by referring professionals who have completed our rigorous Board Leadership Program.
AABLI promotes your organization to our alumni, which increases exposure to the network of board-trained professionals.
Priority registration for Networking Receptions and Special Events connects you to alumni who are leaders with the experience organizations need in the board room.
We maximize your exposure by adding your logo to the AABLI website and featuring you in our newsletters and other marketing platforms.
Partner Organizations benefit from discounted rates on registration and enrollment to AABLI programs and workshops.
Organizations gain monetary sustainability through the fulfillment of give/get obligations met by AABLI alumni placed on your board.
*applicable to nonprofit boards
Board Trained African American Professionals
Alumni in High-Level Leadership Roles
Key Requirements to Join the Partner Organization Network
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Bylaws and job descriptions for board members
- Board structure (meeting schedule, etc.)
- Completed application
- One-time non-refundable application fee of $100
- Successful placement fee based on the nonprofit organization’s operating budget.
- Successful placement fee is based on pre-negotiated rates
How to Apply
Complete our Interest Form below. If applicable, an application will be provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Complete the Partner Organization interest form
- The AABLI team will contact you with an invitation to complete the online application
- The application is designed to capture your organization’s program focus, desired skills and expertise when seeking qualified candidates.
- The Partner Organization profiles are shared with the AABLI alumni to provide important decision-making information. Specifically, this is an opportunity for you to market your organization to a potential board candidate.
Partner Organization Criteria:
- Directors & Officers liability insurance
- Board member responsibilities
- Board meeting schedule
- Observe board structure (meeting schedule, etc.)
My organization has an advisory board and a governing board. How do we recruit candidates for both boards?
Please indicate the various board types in online application. You may also email the AABLI team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AABLI’s Partner Organization Network is currently offered at no cost, there is a one-time nominal non-refundable administrative fee due upon completion of the Partner Organization application.
The process is based on human interaction so a set timeline does not exist. We encourage our partner organizations to attend as many networking events, workshops and seminars so they may engage with our alumni in-person (when we resume in person opportunities).
Absolutely not! The more referrals we can provide the greater impact we can make. We hope that you are so satisfied with the caliber of individuals that we refer that your organization will be open to recruiting more alumni for your board.
At this time, there is no guarantee about placement. AABLI facilitates connections amongst Alum and AABLI’s Partner Organizations. If a particular alum is not a great fit, AABLI is happy to support an organization with referring other candidates.