AABLI’s CDI is a leadership development and networking series designed to strengthen the pipeline of people of color to serve on corporate boards around the world. It is designed to assist participants with career planning such that a future role as a corporate director is more probable.
Foundations of Corporate Governance
This primary educational program is designed to assist early to mid-career participants in learning the intricacies of corporate governance, enhance readiness for corporate board positions and develop strategies for board consideration. Attendees will emerge with the tools necessary to plot their personal paths to boards in the corporate sector.
The program will cover:
- Overview of the Corporate Governance Industry
- Key Board Responsibilities & Committees
- Fireside Chat – Board Trends
- Corporate Financial & Non-Financial Disclosures
- Special Lunch Topic: Pathways to Corporate Boards
- Fireside Chat – Corporate Social Responsibility
- Diversity & Inclusion Strategies
Exceptional networking opportunities will be a prominent feature of the Corporate Director Initiative. Participants will learn from seasoned directors and share in their intimate knowledge of director vetting processes. At these breakfast, lunch and round table sessions, they can expect to:
- Develop personal strategic pathways to the board room
- Achieve clear understanding of the corporate governance industry
- Enter relevant corporate diversity databases
- Take advantage of face-to-face contact with established directors, search firms and others
Registration Deadline is September 2, 2019
$199 – AABLI Alumni
$399 – General
To learn more, contact us at
or call (213) 346-3420
Here’s the roster of scheduled powerful speakers:
Wanda Austin, former interim president, University of Southern California (USC); Betsy Berkhemer-Credaire, CEO, 2020 Women on Boards; Beverly Cole, MBA, J.D., board member, Bank OZK and Founders First and AABLI alumna; Chelsea Grayson, board member, Vireo Health; John Iino, global chair, Diversity & Inclusion, Reed Smith; Richard Munro, CEO, Invenz, Inc.; Alfred E. Osborne, Jr., former interim dean, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Anderson School of Management; Jeff Sakaguchi, lead independent director, True Blue, Inc.; Maria Salinas, president and CEO, Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce; and Larry Taylor, president and board member, National Association of Corporate Directors (Pacific Southwest) and past AABLI board member.
Dr. Bonnie Hill, board member, Banc of California, will join the day’s events as a special luncheon speaker.
Contact us for Sponsorship Opportunities