AABLI’s CDI is a leadership development and networking series designed to strengthen the pipeline of people of color to serve on corporate boards around the world. It is designed to assist participants with career planning such that a future role as a corporate director is more probable.
Foundations of Corporate Governance
This primary educational program is designed to assist early to mid-career participants in learning the intricacies of corporate governance, enhance readiness for corporate board positions and develop strategies for board consideration. Attendees will emerge with the tools necessary to plot their personal paths to boards in the corporate sector.
The program will cover:
- Overview of the Corporate Governance Industry
- Key Board Responsibilities & Committees
- Fireside Chat – Board Trends
- Corporate Financial & Non-Financial Disclosures
- Special Lunch Topic: Pathways to Corporate Boards
- Fireside Chat – Corporate Social Responsibility
- Diversity & Inclusion Strategies
Exceptional networking opportunities will be a prominent feature of the Corporate Director Initiative. Participants will learn from seasoned directors and share in their intimate knowledge of director vetting processes. At these breakfast, lunch and round table sessions, they can expect to:
- Develop personal strategic pathways to the board room
- Achieve clear understanding of the corporate governance industry
- Enter relevant corporate diversity databases
- Take advantage of face-to-face contact with established directors, search firms and others